Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Let's Talk Eyebrows

Here is a post I wrote for another blog a while ago. This is one of my favorite beauty tips and so I thought that I would share it over here too.
 
 
 
Even as a baby I had eyebrows
I was born with dark and bushy eye brows. I used to think it was a curse until I realized how to wax them and now I love them.


Well even after all these years of waxing, tweezing, and plucking I never really thought about coloring them in. They are so dark and thick that I just didn't see the point. Even after countless make-up classes suggesting that that everyone should color in their brows I still didn't think the rule applied to me.

Last summer when I was playing with my make up, I randomly decided to lightly color in my eyebrows. That night my husband came home from work and couldn't figure out what was different about me... but he liked it.


I wondered if it could have been the eye brows because it was the only thing I had done differently that day, so I did it again the next day and got the same "you look great" results. I still didn't tell him what I thought it might be that was making me look like a goddess in his eyes (wink) so the next day I didn't color them in and my husband didn't say a word. Okay. Well the 4th day into my little eyebrow experiment I colored my eye brows in again, waiting to see if just maybe he'd notice, he did.

I couldn't believe it! By the simple task of adding a little color into my already dark eyebrows I was able to "wow" my husband of (then) 8 years who had seen me with every hair color, make up style and other beauty technique out there. It took less then 5 seconds to add dimension to my face and frame my eyes in a way that would make them stand out. It is the best and easiest beauty tip I have found.


Here is why: Quite often peoples eyebrows are a dull and ashy version of their hair color. In my case my eyebrows were dark and thick enough to frame my eyes but the color was wrong. Another problem is that peoples eyebrows do not match. There is always one that is thinner, higher, lighter, better arched or uneven.

By lightly shading in your eyebrows with a color that matches your natural color you will brighten the eyes natural hue and help make the eyebrows appear to be more symmetrical and even.


Look at the difference in these 2 pictures of me





I prefer to use a powder that is similar to an eye shadow over the commonly used eyebrow pencil, I think it looks more natural and gives you more control over the shade.




 I use Anastasia's eyebrow kit.   This kit offers:
  •  2 Brow Powders- having 2 colors makes it easy to blend and customize a shade that looks natural
  •  Angled Brush- makes applying the color easy and even
  • Cream Highlighter- to use under the eyebrow on the brow bone, this lifts and accentuate the eyes
  • Wax Cream- this is like gel for your eyebrows, it holds your eyebrow in the perfect shape all day and gives it a nice finished look. 

If you have never tried coloring in your eyebrows, try it! It is easy and will give you instant results.

DISCLAIMER: Always start out light and you can add more if you need. Remember you want it too look natural so that people can tell that there is something different but can't exactly tell what it is. It is more about adding a little color to your brow then it is adding darkness to your brow. Look for a color that matches you eyebrows already so it just brightens and fills in. 

I would love to see before and after pics if you try this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have anything to add? I would love to hear from you.