Monday, October 7, 2013

Invisible Blessings

The boys had their 6 month dentist appointments today. You would think I was taking them to Disneyland by their reactions when I tell them that it is "dentist day". Both of them left with a new toothbrush, a little flossing tool, a mini toothpaste, a pen, a slap bracelet from the treasure box and most importantly a clean bill of health-- no cavities!  That toothbrush chart I found during a late night google session is paying off. 



As the odds would have it, I am going to the dentist tomorrow to get the 2nd part of my root canal taken care of. I have a feeling that I am going to be leaving with nothing more than a numb face and a bill that is much higher than I can afford. 

No matter what I leave with, I want to take a quick minute and thank the heavens and the stars for modern dentistry. I don't know how people in the "olden days" --whatever that means-- did it. A few weeks ago I had the worst toothache and quite literally was in more pain then I had ever been in before. My life felt like it stopped around me and I couldn't focus on anything. After being put on an antibiotic for a few days and still being unable to function; I went into the dentist and found out that not only was my tooth infected but the infection had spread to my jaw bone and my lymph. 

Yikes! 

After a painful procedure and a z-pack (antobiotic) I feel much better. And after tomorrow's root canal, followed by a crown in a few weeks, I will be as good as new. 

I feel blessed. 

Life is full of things that we totally take for granted. It is important to look around at what feels as "normal" as a dentist and  maybe even look at something that feels as "yucky" as a root canal and look at what a miracle those normal and yucky  things are in our modern world.

Then take a quiet moment to be truly thankful. 

We really are so blessed and so many of our blessings are what I call invisible blessing. They are things that make our life absolutely fabulous but since they are so common place in our society the blessing of them becomes invisible to us.

If you have a moment, grab a pen and write down a list of yoir invisible blessings. If you dont have a pen than make a list in your head. You will be surprised at how many are surrounding you right now. By doing this you open yourself and your life to gratitude. By opening yourself to gratitude you open yourself to happiness. For those of you that don't know this, it is a proven fact that gratitude is the quickest path to happiness and true joy. And the quickest path to attracting more fabulous things into your life.

Gratitude also raises your vibrations to match those vibrations of a better and more fulfilled life. Isn't that something we all want?

Gratitude is a simple task that anyone can do at anytime and anywhere. In the car, in bed at night, standing in line at the grocery store. Gratitude is the key to changing your life for the better. 

Give it a try. You won't be sorry. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have anything to add? I would love to hear from you.