Monday, October 14, 2013

PB2

Have you ever heard of this stuff?!



Coming from a girl who...

1- LOVES peanut butter

2- Has lost 40 lbs

3- Works every single day to maintain it
through healthy eating.

4- Is trying to feed her family healthy foods 
and instill healthy eating habits into the brains
of sugar obsessed little boys...


This has become one of my favorite tricks! 
And is a yummy must have.

It is PB2, Powdered Peanut Butter, that tastes 
mmmm mmmmm good. I like it so much that 
for Christmas last year  I actually gave jars of it
to my girlfriends along with a little homemade
recipe books made up of recipes cards with
my favorite PB2 recipes

JIF Peanut Butter has always been my favorite 
peanut butter and I will be honest and say that 
there are still times when I will have a good old 
fashioned Jif PB&J sandwich but that is the 
exception and this healthier PB has become 
the rule.  

I feel so much better about giving this
 non-hydrogenated PB to my kids and I love 
that I am able to add flavor and protein to my 
food without all of the calories.


Here are some of the benefits of eating this 
PB over the regular PB and even the fresh 
ground natural PB includes...

-Less fat
-Less calories
-Same amount of protein
-Doesn't separate
-Isn't oily/greasy
-Yummy flavor
-Is not hydrogenated but has the same creamy 
texture as those commercial brands when 
prepared.



The peanuts are actually pressed into a 
powder so the oil and fat are taken away 
but the protein and the flavor remain. You get
 2 huge scoops of this for 45 calories vs. like 
200 calories of hydrogenated and fatty regular 
peanut butter. All you do is mix 2 tbs of the 
powder with a little water and... 

voila, peanut butter! 


You seriously can do so many things with 
this powdered PB: 

-good old fashioned PB&J sandwiches
-all sorts of cookies (PB, choc chip, no bake, etc)
-add to smoothies for extra protein and a 
yummy flavor
-dip apples and/or pretzels in it
-sprinkle on popcorn (or make chocolate PB 
popcorn)
-pancakes
-Thai recipes (I made the best Thai Peanut 
Chicken with this stuff)
-add to oatmeal (my favorites are PB banana
 and  PB chocolate chip oatmeal)
 
I mean really anywhere that you would use
 regular PB you can use this stuff and I promise 
you will start to find other places to use it. 

If you love peanut butter... 
and if you want a healthy alternative to the 
other peanut butters out there, give this stuff 
a try! 

Here is the website 
http://www.bellplantation.com/

And if you look on Pinterest for PB2
you will find lots of recipes and reviews.



HAPPY (& healthy) EATING EVERYONE!






"Man cannot live by bread alone; he must 
have peanut butter."
                               -James A. Garfield
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have anything to add? I would love to hear from you.