Friday, June 28, 2013

5ive on Firiday


1. This is my new gratitude journal. I saw it at the bookstore and fell in love with the cuteness of it and the little saying on the front.


2. Last weekend.

Remember how my husband hurt his ankle and was supposed to keep it elevated? Well the doctor didn't day where he should keep it elevated. We spent a fabulous evening up in the mountains at the lake. Then we went into a little town at the mouth of the canyon and ate grilled cheese sandwiches and had Oreo carmel milkshakes at a local family owned burger joint. 


I just love my little family. (P.S. Don't look too closely at us. We all look a little disheveled here. We were exhausted, dirty and happy from our afternoon at the lake).


3. I have a love hate relationship with putting coconut oil on my hair.

I love the benefits. 

But hate the rinsing/washing it off of my scalp process. 


4. I have a problem. I may need professional help.

I'm a Tetris addict.
I have been a recovering addict for years but recently I have relapsed and am completely addicted to this new version.

Here is how bad it had gotten at one point. Years ago, when Oprah was still on (sniff sniff, I miss her) I was very excited for one of her shows. I had been counting down for days for this particular episode. 

Well at about 3:00 I decided to play Tetris for 30 min, then I would  marinate some meat and cut up some veggies for dinner prep and be ready to watch by 4.

After what I thought was roughly 30 min of Tetris I turned it off to get ready for my show and when I looked at the clock it was 5:35. WTH?! Not only had I missed the whole show, but I missed the whole show but I had played 35 min beyond the finish time of the show. I didn't know if I should cry or laugh... So I played more Tetris and got take out for our dinner.

See... It's a problem. Luckily this version only lets me play in 2 min increments so I don't totally lose track of time. But when my husband saw me playing again, I saw fear in his eyes. When I played before I didn't have kids yet, maybe he fears for their well being and lives? Maybe he fears that I will lose touch with friends, stop doing things I love, will forget to feed the dog and that we will have to spend our life savings on my Tetris rehab stay.

5. Lets talk backyards. 

We already have a fabulous garden area. It is raised and big and oh so pretty but...

Yesterday the fence was put up.

A full sized playground/swing set will be delivered tomorrow.

& The cement for a covered patio that includes a large fire pit will be poured, stained and stamped in the next few weeks.

I can't wait for it to be all done so my boys and I can live out there full time! 

Now time to start looking for some cute outdoor furniture.

Bonus #6. I have a hair post I'm excited to share soon. I have been trying a new hair method and hair product that I can't wait to talk about. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have anything to add? I would love to hear from you.