Friday, November 1, 2013

5 on Friday: November 1st

Happy Friday Everyone. I hope everyone had a good Halloween.


1.
I can't believe it is November 1st! One thing I love about November is that it is Thanksgiving month. And quite often I try to be extra thankful on this month. Over the past year I have become a more thankful person in general so I am going to have to be extra diligent to become even more thankful this month. 

2.We had a great Halloween. It was my first kindergarten party as a party mom. I don't remember the last time I had so much fun. There is something so special about being around a whole bunch of kindergartners on a day like Halloween. I just love being a mom! 
Last night we ate dinner at my brothers house and then went trick-or-treating in their neighborhood. It was an awesome neighborhood and the kids had a blast.




3.Last week I wrote a post about feeling fat. Mini update: I have found some awesome mediation music I am using to help myself work through it. 


4.
I used to work at Disneyworld. I worked at the condiment stand in Cosmic Rays. I wore a gray and purple space suit. At 19, I left everything I knew to go out there for a semester. After my allotted "space days" were over they asked me to stay on as a princess. I was tempted but knew that if I didn't come home my boyfriend at the time {now husband} and I wouldn't survive. So I chose love and came home. And I am so glad I did. It was a lot of fun, and it has left me with a very special place in my heart for Disney.

5. I'm dying for some super cute, closed toe, lace-up wedges. I have horrible feet-- pain wise-- and so it always is a battle to find the perfect shoes but I am determined! Anyone try the TOMS wedges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have anything to add? I would love to hear from you.